Re: NYC 128000-128099 Lot 504-B,

Roger Hinman <rhinman@...>

MDI is Merchants Despatch Incorporated which existed from 1923-1936.

Build lots prior to 1923 were referred to as MDT lots; those from
1923-1936 as MDI, and those after as DSI

So the reference to MDI below is correct.

Roger Hinman

On Jul 19, 2007, at 8:09 PM, englishintroy wrote:

I don't know what "MDI" is. The cars were built by MDT. Perhaps you
were thinking of DSI (Despatch Shops, Inc.) which was a subsidiary of
MDT or NYC (I don't know which) set up ca.1935 to operate the East
Rochester carbuilding facilities.

Jeff English
Troy, New York

--- In STMFC@..., Rich C <rhcdmc@...> wrote:

Brian,

Don't know about the Headlight coverage, but yes these
were spitting images of the X29, built by MDI in 1925.
Red Caboose kit #7050

Rich Christie

--- Brian J Carlson <brian@...> wrote:

I'm trying to research why the NYC, after
constructing thousands of USRA
boxcars, purchased 100 copies of the 1924 Class
X29 down to the side rivet patterns. (NYC
128000-128099 (NYC 97000-97099 as
built), Lot 504-B, built 1926.) Were these a sample
class to compare the
X29 to the NYC's own cars. It's a small class in NYC
boxcar terms but I am
interested in understanding more about this class.
Was this class ever
covered in the NYCHS Headlight? Thanks for any help,
and thanks to Ben Hom
for some information he provided.

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket:
mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC