Re: Resin warping

armprem

Two of my most recently built cars warped after the car was finished.I suspect that this was due to the very thin castings.Normally I put interior bracing,but these were the doors.Any thoughts?Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: <cobrapsl@aol.com>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Resin warping

Denny,
?
Take a hair dryer to it. Heat up the side and bend it out with you fingers. Keep repreating the process till it is straight. The first few times will take you awhile, because you won't heat it up as much as you need too. Once you get hang of it , you can do one in about four paases and five minutes. It always works on plastic-all three of my Intermountain ATSF stock cars have straight sides.

Paul Lyons
Laguna Niguel, CA