-----Original Message-----
From: jerryglow2

As Richard already commented, there isn't but Carbuilders Cyclopedias
contain builders plugs on their own equipment plus a section on parts
details. Not all inclusive nor that readily available.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Paul & Bernice Hillman"
<chris_hillman@...> wrote:

Is there a book which has attempted to contain all of the various
freight car component descriptions, such as Murphy roofs, Duryea
underframes, Youngstown doors, etc., etc., all the myriad types of
ends, doors, etc. which are talked about/used in the various car
constructions?

I mean a book which describes these various components without
necessarily going into specific cars themselves?

I know that this info can be gleaned "piece-meal" from the
multitude
of
construction articles and books, but I think it would be an
excellent

quick-reference to these components.

Thanks, Paul Hillman