Re: Shellac

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

One of the things missing in this thread is that although shellac is a good wood sealer, it is not a SANDING sealer (it contains no particulate matter to actually fill the grain). No matter how fine the wood grain, it is still tremendously out of scale in a model, so minimizing the grain has to be a prime goal of anyone attempting to do accurate modeling in wood. I do not use it because it does not fill the grain, it tends to get sticky when in contact with any type of moisture (direct or in the air), and it uses an uncommon solvent on my bench- alcohol.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento