Re: floors was Holes (was: any guesses about this car?)

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Posted by: "smithbf36832" DANG! That killed my pet theory, which was that the floor in the
doorways had been replaced, given that that was the highest traffic
area and subject to the most damage. In fact, many railroads put
steel decking in the door area to help with this...

What doors ? Looks like a bulkhead flat to me. Since the photo was taken from a dome car location that was obviously higher than the side of the car, wouldn't we see the sides if it was a house car.

Since it looks like a flat area, there are mountains in the background, and the sun is on the left side of the train, I nominate eastern Colorado as the location.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478