Re: Bagged Cement Car

Mont Switzer <mhts_switzerm@...>

Chuck,

Lance Mendheim recently did an article for MR using lag bolt cement to cast a concrete bridge so I though I would try it for cement car weathering. I'm starting with Bragdon weathering chalks for the sides to make sure I have good control over the lettering. I want to give the real cement a try on top around the hatches where it piles up.

Wonder how heavy the car will be when I'm done?

Mont Switzer

RUTLANDRS@... wrote:
Mont,
Are you going to use REAL cement to weather your B&O car? I went down to
a local plant and got a butter tub full of real cement for free!! Have used
it on my O scale Lackawannna cars.
Chuck Hladik