Re: accupaint primer

radius158

Do you thin it?

--- In STMFC@..., tgregmrtn@... wrote:

Oh MY GOSH...

I would not use any synthetic thinner on ACCUPAINT least of all
Acetone (dangerous stuff). From past conversations with Greg Conrad
regarding his product it was a very pure form of Acrylic. Jim Six
once boasted of using lacquer thinner with this paint and I had a
conversation with Greg regarding Jim's statements and he stated that
it SHOULD never have done anything but conjeal. We have had the
discussion regarding using something other than manufacturers
thinners wiuth paints and I have always believed, Why reinvent the
wheel??

One recommendation he displayed at the 1994 NMRA convention in
Portland was to paint the item and use a hairdrier to "shrink" the
finish and it does shrink to fit. SAWEET paint if you could keep the
shelf life (I converted mine from plastic bottles to glass) long
enough to use it up.

I have had very good results in the past with this now not
available paint using distilled water and a couple of drops of
Ammonia (which slows the dry time), but that was before they made a
specific thinner. I always used a double action Badger airbrush for
Acrylics.

Greg Martin