I'm sure that's been mentioned one or two hundred times here...

From: tgregmrtn@...

Oh MY GOSH...

I would not use any synthetic thinner on ACCUPAINT least of all Acetone
(dangerous stuff). From past conversations with Greg Conrad regarding his
product it was a very pure form of Acrylic. Jim Six once boasted of using
lacquer thinner with this paint and I had a conversation with Greg regarding
Jim's statements and he stated that it SHOULD never have done anything but
conjeal. We have had the discussion regarding using something other than
manufacturers thinners wiuth paints and I have always believed, Why reinvent the
wheel??

One recommendation he displayed at the 1994 NMRA convention in Portland was to
paint the item and use a hairdrier to "shrink" the finish and it does shrink to
fit. SAWEET paint if you could keep the shelf life (I converted mine from
plastic bottles to glass) long enough to use it up.

I have had very good results in the past with this now not available paint using
distilled water and a couple of drops of Ammonia (which slows the dry time), but
that was before they made a specific thinner. I always used a double action
Badger airbrush for Acrylics.

Greg Martin