Re: accupaint primer

Richard Hendrickson

On Jul 27, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Don Smith rgs0554 wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., tgregmrtn@... wrote:

> Oh MY GOSH...
>
> I would not use any synthetic thinner on ACCUPAINT least of all
Acetone (dangerous stuff).
Hi Greg, If you should happen to read the label on a pint of
Accupaint thinner you would
learn it contains Acetone, Methylethyl Ketone, Propyl Alcohol,
Diacetone Alcohol. It currently
costs $15.95 a pint at Walthers. That's $127.50/gallon! Thats kinda
expensive air brush
cleaner. Acetone, a component of AP at $14/gal works fine as an air
brush cleaner.

Sure, Don, as an airbrush cleaner. I use acetone or lacquer thinner,
too, for that purpose; it works well on every paint I've ever run
through the airbrush and is readily available at a relatively
reasonable price. But that's a whole different matter from thinning
Accupaint with it (or any other kind of paint, for that matter). The
amount of thinner we use to reduce paint for airbrushing is small, and
using anything but the paint manufacturer's own thinner is just asking
for trouble.

Richard Hendrickson