Re: gons, I like 'em

armprem

Speaking of gons,F&C released some nice D&H wood side gons.The instructions call fo using boxcar red.Can anyone verify this color?Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garth G. Groff" <ggg9y@virginia.edu>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] gons, I like 'em

Ed,

IIRC, the prototype was MEC. I believe that F&C offers this car in
resin. The ACL had similar cars (see the Steam Era Freight Cars site,
model pages), but had a fishbelly underframe and AFAIK, was painted
black rather than FCR. I don't think the other ERTL roadnames were
anywhere near correct.

You might want to check the archives. We've discussed this car in the
past, but it was a loooong time ago. Some claimed that the ERTL cars
were knock-offs of existing kits (Tichy for the flat, F&C and others for
the boxcar, and F&C for the gondola).

Kind regards,

Garth G. groff

ed_mines wrote:
What was the prototype for the short lived Ertl gon?

Was that ACL too?

I'm surprised no one picked up the Ertl dies.

Ed

Yahoo! Groups Links