Re: Box Cars In Grain Service

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Larry Jackman wrote:
Did I ever tell you the story one night we found a car the we did not know what it was? We looked every where for the information. Then someone said call Bill. He was the clerk that was on the earlier shift. He would know what it was. So we called him. Told him what the problem was and gave him the number. Yes he remembered. Said it was going to Kansas City. We then ask what was in it and he thought for a minute and said put it down as lumber. We said that can not be because it was a tank car. He answered why would you care. You do not
have to unload it. Big grin
I liked the story better when the car went to Memphis <g>. Thanks for the reality check, Larry.

Publishers of books on railroad history