Re: new Accurail cars

Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...>

--- In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
wrote:

This affords me an opportunity to write publicly what I have long
thought and said privately. First, that your contributions to the
STMFC list are invaluable, consistently thoughtful and well informed.
Second, that I applaud your willingness as a manufacturer both to take
part in our discussions here and to do so with admirable candor. I
have sometimes disagreed with your product development decisions - easy
for me to do since it isn't my money that's at stake - but I respect
the work you do because I know that it is well researched and that the
results are a judicious compromise between accuracy and quality on the
one hand and marketability on the other. We all benefit from your
efforts and expressions of gratitude are in order.

Richard Hendrickson
Why thank you, Richard. It's pretty much been a life long interest
since I was first exposed to prototype modeling in the late sixties.
Your FCDX, Freight Car Data Exchange, round-robin mailing list
(snail-mail, that is) may well be the forerunner of all the discussion
groups now on the web. We had the interest back then, but not the
means to communicate. Now we do.

As to anyone expressing gratitude, let's save the bandwidth. Just
spend your hobby dollars on Accurail products at your LHS. :-)

Dennis