Re: Coins as car weights

BERNARD SPINELLI <bspinelli@...>

on 8/14/07 11:48 AM, Garth G. Groff at ggg9y@virginia.edu wrote:

Tim,

Kadee under-the-track magnets can attract steel car weights at floor
level. Hard to see, but I've had cars equipped with super free-rolling
trucks like Kato's actually move by themselves toward the magnets.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

timboconnor@comcast.net <mailto:timboconnor%40comcast.net> wrote:
Unless the steel is axle-height, I don't think it's going to have
any effect unless you're using super-magnets for uncouplers.
Plenty of models come with steel weights.

Tim O'Connor
Go out a buy a bag of lead shot #8 at any gun shop. It will last you a
lifetime & will fit in any spot on a car. Use epoxy to set the shot. bernie
spinelli