Re: Coins as car weights

Manfred Lorenz

Sound advice, because there are things like antimony in the
lead
that aren't good for you. But should you worry about the lead? In
reality, the vapor pressure of liquid lead is extremely low. There
will
not be enough lead vapor that it could even be measured, unless you
have a spectrograph. (Of course, I don't recommend leaning over the
bath and breathing deeply from right above the melt.)
I have heard that most lead (at least in Germany) is somewhat
contaminated by irradiation. Lead gets recycled many times over. Every
bit might have a history of having been engaged in the medical
business. This will show later on when its reincarnation into something
superficially harmless doesn't hint at its properties previously
acquired.

Manfred