Re: Tim Gilbert

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

I, too, was startled to read about Tim Gilbert's passing. I had noticed that he had not commented in some time and was curious about that.

As many know, Tim, along with Dave Nelson, was a key figure in the accumulation of data about frt car populations and their distribution and he did a great deal of analysis on such. There are quite a few messages in the STMFC archives from Tim containing various aspects of his studies. He and I carried on more than one discussion about such distributions...always pleasurable and interesting. He added the data from my 1949 UP freight conductor's book to his and passed the results to the STMFC.
I was pleased to meet him when he attended Prototype Rails in Cocoa Beach in 2006. He will be missed.

Mike Brock