Lead weight

Peter Weiglin

Not every car that needs weight is a "house" car, capable of concealing coins, sinkers, tire weights, nuts, or "designer lead" weights.

The idea that lead shot could be glued into an underframe made me think that the smaller the shot, the more the cavity is filled.

The smallest particle would therefore be lead powder. After some searching, I found that lead powder is available, from some golf supply houses. Seems that golfers use it for weighting clubs. CA adhesive binds the powder in place between underframe beams.

Obvious warning: this is lead in its most inhalable, toxic form. Be careful, wash your hands immediately afterward, etc.

(I'd repeat the warning about not smoking, but I don't want to get political.)

Peter Weiglin
Amelia, OH