Re: Stick on weights. Was Coins as car weights.

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Denny Anspach replied to:

...it's way neater than any contact cement and doesn't leach or off-gas fumes and warp car bodies years later.
The latter statement re: contact cement is un substantiated urban myth throughout and should be firmly retired- forever.
Denny, you make this statement ASSUMING contact cement was applied "properly," though no one really knows how long to let solvent evaporate to be "dry enough" and in any case, if it all evaporates, it isn't cement any longer. I submit that neither you nor anyone is certain what "properly" means.
As I said previously, I'd be happy to show you some Athearn box car floors which took years to warp with "contact" Goo. "Myth," my behind.

Publishers of books on railroad history