Re: Stick on weights. Was Coins as car weights.

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Tony writes-
As I said previously, I'd be happy to show you some Athearn
box car floors which took years to warp with "contact" Goo. "Myth," my
behind.
H-mmm. From glue originally improperly piled on thick like Ambroid and then contact closed improperly before its time? But from "fumes" wafting around for years in a closed car body?? Oh, come on!

I submit that neither you nor anyone is certain what "properly" means.
Well, perhaps a grain of truth if one presumes that no one has a ounce of judgment, nor the will to exercise it. Beyond that this assertion is untenable on its very face, much less in the face of very long term common successful experience to the contrary.

Urban myth it certainly is, and in the cold light of day it will so remain, However, witness the current flare-up, which like a Phoenix arises once more to further falsely discourage a lot of modelers from using a very well proven, VERY handy, and long lasting class of cements.

Sheesh!

What more can I say?

I rest my case.

Denny