Re: Bettendorf Underframe drawings needed

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Eric Williams wrote:
I'm working on some drawings of Milwaukee DS boxcars that I want to model. The Milw
Freight Car Diagrams I have indicate that these cars had Bettendorf underframes. Does
anyone have a source for a drawing that I can reference to understand the basic construction.
See the relevant Cycs, Eric. I included the perspective view in my Volume 3 on SP freight cars, along with a sketch, page 44, to show the details of the construction--and accompanying photos showing the cracking problems which resulted.

Publishers of books on railroad history