Re: Overland Models Tank Cars

Gatwood, Elden J SAD <Elden.J.Gatwood@...>

Richard;

Thanks for the info on those cars!

I remember you also commenting on the OVL 10k UTLX "X-3" cars, but I don't
recall what you found wrong with them (I do remember you said there were some
issues). Was it the presence of ladders and platforms on both sides, or was
there more to it than that?

And, on those GATC 2-dome and 3-dome insulated cars, do you know what number
series' they were in in GATX?

Lastly, you mentioned that the 8k insulated 105 car was bogus. Is there any
way of modifying this car to be something correct, like replacing the valve
casing with a dome, or is that just unheard of to do with a brass tank? This
is the one with those oddball platforms + a stepped handrail around the valve
casing that makes it appear like some kind of auto "lead" car like you found
in smaller sizes...

Thanks!

Elden Gatwood