Re: Overland Models Tank Cars

Tim O'Connor

Ed, definitely an ACF style frame. Here are my desktop
measurements with a pair of calipers as best as I can do.

Outside tank diameter 8'0"
Tank jacket length 32'7"
Tank length 33'10"
Frame length at corners 36'1"

I wondered why these were so cheap on Ebay... :-)

Richard,

Does the model have an ACF-style underframe? I went through all the ACF
tank car data and can find NO 8,000-gallon ICC-105s were ever built.
The closest I can find is an order of 6 cars (PCIX 100-105, lot 2932),
which were 7,350 gallons for transporting liquid carbon dioxide. I have
all the underframe and tank dimensions if it's worth checking to see if
the model could possibly be based on this series of cars.

Thirteen more 7.350-gallon ICC-105A cars were built in March 1952, PCIX
106-113 and SHPX 3732-3736, as lot 3646B. This is all I can find.

Regards,
Ed Hawkins