Re: My Errors & Omissions

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

John Hitzeman wrote:
So, yes, 'Lexan" is a GE product, and it is polycarbonate, not acrylic, in that sense of the word. However, there are folks who will refer to "plexiglas", generically, as "lexan", too. I guess it just depends where, and who, you are.
John, sadly you're right. About like calling plexiglas "styrene," as long as it's a clear material . . . but especially on this list, we don't confuse common usage with correct usage <g>.
Let's see, there's the Bettendorf truck, and the . . .

Publishers of books on railroad history