Re: Chateau Martin Wine Cars

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Jim,

An excellent piece of research. Thanks much for sharing the photos, especially 171 on the Tidewater Southern. Did the TS serve a Chateau Martin winery? I would be very interested to know if the cars were frequent visitors to this line.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Lancaster James wrote:

From time to time there have been questions about the Chateau Martin wine cars owned by the Commodities Car Company (reporting marks CMWX). Using ORERs I have compiled a roster of the CMWX car fleet from 1950 (when they had 25 cars) to 1972 (down to 8 cars). The fleet peaked at 37 cars in the mid 1960s.

You can see the roster at
http://www.geocities.com/jim_lancaster.geo/chatmart/cmwx_roster_1.html

In addition to the roster, the web page includes a brief history, a few photos and some other Chateau Martin memorabilia.

Corrections or additions are welcome.

Jim Lancaster

Yahoo! Groups Links