Re: What is a "granger railroad"?

Ted Schnepf

Hi Larry,

You have raised an interesting classification.

I would think MSTL is a clear granger running in Iowa, Minn and northern Ill.

You kicked out SSW, which is OK; but then I would think KCS would also be out. And Frisco is a real question running into Texas. OK and Kansas, but also into the deep South (Florida).

You should get lots of suggestions on this question.

Ted

At 09:25 PM 8/29/2007, you wrote:

Hi Folks
The M&STL, IC, and Cotton
Belt were also mentioned, but with some dubiousness.

Here is my tentative list of granger RRs (U.S. only). What do you
think should be added? What should be removed?

FW&D
GN
KCS
KO&G
MILW
M-K-T
MP
MV
SLSF
SOO
T&P
UP

Thanks,
Larry Ostresh
Laramie, Wyoming
Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@...
847-697-5353 or 5366
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used. HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 4% added).