Re: Computers

Tom Madden <tgmadden@...>

Chuck Hladik wrote:

I think that I can understand why Martin and others "don't do
computers". They bite into their limited time more than a phone
call does. Having to answer the e-mail might add an hour or two to
their day. ..... It also seems that a lot of the e-mails want
attention immediately...
Martin "does computers", he just refuses to "do the internet" or "do
email". For exactly the reasons Chuck states. He is also very careful
to whom he gives his telephone number. He has more labor-intensive
business than he can handle as it is, and is certainly not looking for
ways to attract more. It's a fairly defensive posture, irritating to
many. Martin is very aware of that but feels he just can't make himself
more available without giving up research or production time. It's his
business, being run in a way that works best for him. He has a right to
do that.

Tom Madden