Re: Reverse Creco Door questions

armprem

Correct me if I am wrong (And I am sure you will),but didn't Des Plaines Hobbies release a RC CGW X29 type box car with a different door?Bethlehem Car Works in conjunction with Rutland Car Shops released a RC B&M box car with a Creco door.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "benjaminfrank_hom" <b.hom@worldnet.att.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:14 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Reverse Creco Door questions

Jim Mischke wrote:
"So it is a Pullman design, not a Creco.
Did anyone else besides CGW avail themselves of this door?"

Clark Propst replied:
"I'm pulling this out of my rear, but I think Red Caboose did one
other road, very small road..."

That's probably the High Point, Thomasville & Denton cars, which
were a tall version of the 1923 ARA boxcar (NOT the later 1932 ARA
cars).
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/hptd424main.html

The doors on these cars were NOT identical to neither the CGW
Pullman carbuiders' doors nor those used on the B&M/MTC 1923 ARA
boxcars.

"...and there was another 1932 car with those doors...Mexican?"

NdeM. See Ed Hawkins' 1932 ARA boxcar summary and Ted Culotta's
book for more information:
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/1932arapdfmain.html

I'm in complete agreement with Ted regarding these doors - the
misunderstanding regarding these doors is is another piece of
modeler's folklore that needs to be ruthlessly stamped out.

Ben Hom

Yahoo! Groups Links