Re: white glue

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>

Ed,
Many white glues, as well as most yellow carpenters glue, do not dry
waterproof. Check the label of the particular product you are using to
be sure.
Pierre Oliver

--- In STMFC@..., "ed_mines" <ed_mines@...> wrote:

I have no doubt that parts made by laminating thin sheets of material
with white glue are strong and white glue is very good for water
proofing but years ago I had difficulty painting white glue.

I used white glue and Floquil paint in aerosol cans on the first
Ambroid kits I assembled. The wet paint pulled away from thick laters
of diy white glue.

For a long time I used Ambroid cement dissolved in MEK to seal wood.

Ed Mines