Photo etch details for FGE/WFE/BRE Plywood wartime built reefers

lnbill <bwelch@...>

With the aid of Mike Brock. I have posted photos showing the photoetch
details that will come with the Sunshine Models plywood and T&G
reefers built by FGE/WFE/BRE in 1942 and 1944. These are in the photo
section under "Bill Welch Reefer Details." I notice the "fan shaft
surround plate" photo is missing but both square and round plates are
included.

Templates are included to make locating the holes to be drilled for
the bracket grab bases, fan shaft surround plate, and door hinges a
snap. Folding the bracket grab parts takes care and a good pair of
very small pliers, but as you can see does produce a nice effect IMO.
The ladders are photo etched and have slots in them to make folding
the edges easier. I used styrene to fill these voids. I am sure people
will complain about this but in working with the person who helped me
engineer these felt it was a necessary compremise. The ladders
literally snap into place on the mounting points on the sides and ends.

This is the first kits I designed/engineered and created patterns for
from start to finish. I love the protoypes with their 3' 2" bracket
grabs.

The photoetch does add to the expense of the kit but I think you will
like the end result. These will be on sale at Naperville.

Bill Welch