Re: new HO fishbelly hopper?

Frederick Freitas <prrinvt@...>

Ben,

Guess we will have to wait for the article on using that car to depict a live steam backyard operation for the layout. I give you credit for trying to figure it out just the same.
The complete story of adding hand grabs, etc. will make great reading in TKM.
I couldn't resist.

Fred Freitas

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...> wrote:
Ed Mines wrote:
"The fall HistoricRail catalog lists a "new" 55-Ton 2-Bay Fishbelly
hopper (LV, p.2 7) with die cast underframe and slope sheets.

My recollection is that the Stewart car had a plastic undeframe and
stamped weights like the traditional Athearn cars. The car in the
picture looks like it has molded on ladders; the Stewart car had
separate ladders. Is this a new mold?"

Since nobody took up my challenge to order this car and report
findings, I ordered one off of the HistoricRail website. The package
arrived yesterday, and what I received was one Atlas N scale 55 ton
fishbelly hopper, stock number 41279. The catalog listing is
obviously in error, and despite the wishful thinking of some members
of this list, this is NOT new tooling for an HO scale fishbelly hopper.

Ben Hom