Car travel

destron@...

I know boxcars got everywhere imaginable - I have a photo from the early
1960s of a Florida East Coast boxcar behind a BC Hydro Railway locomotive
in New Westminster - but what about other types of cars? I assume things
like ore cars wouldn't venture too far from their home roads (or perhaps
more likely, certain lines on their home roads). To variegate the rolling
stock collection, I'd like to add non-boxcar types from foreign roads,
perhaps distant ones, too, but am not certain as to what travelled how far
from home. Any insight would be very appreciated.

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

-----
http://hydrorail.hostwq.net/index.html - Rails along the Fraser