Modeling boxcar ends

destron@...

Scratchbuilding the various extruded ends is, relatively speaking, not a
difficult thing (unless it's a Deco or certain NSC ends, maybe). But, when
it comes to ends with inverted ribs, I'm at a loss as to how to go about
building them, and the only idea I can come up with seems rather
unfeasible, or at least would be very time consuming and aggravating to
get all the ribs even: digging/cutting them out of the sheet.

Would anyone be able to give some suggestions as to how to approach this
problem? I'd buy them, were they available in TT scale, but they aren't...

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

-----
http://hydrorail.hostwq.net/index.html - Rails along the Fraser