Re: 60250-60499 Series 52' Flatcar - Build Date 1936

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 19, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Jay Bingham wrote:

I have completed building four of the above series cars from the
Northern Specific kit, except that I have not added trucks or brake
wheels. Could someone advise as to the prototype truck and the
prototype style of brake wheel.
Jay. the trucks were AAR self-aligning spring-plankless double truss
with five-spring clusters. Closest HO scale truck in appearance is the
Proto 2000 AAR truck. Hand brakes were of drop-shaft variety similar
to, if not the same as, those on the Proto 2000 flat car models.

Richard Hendrickson