Calumet Harbor Route

Stephen Bishop

Maybe the mention of the new 1932 AAR Standard Boxcars reminded me, but I'm going to ask again for some information noone knew a couple of years ago.

I have an instruction sheet from the HO Yankee Clipper 1932 ARA/AAR Standard Boxcar. The first photograph (from the 1934 Carbuilders Cyclopedia, it says) shows NYC #1000000 during impact tests. The car being impacted has a small circular herald with the words "Calumet Harbor Route" and what appears to be the sillouette of an Indian chief (Chief Calumet?). Does anyone know what road this was, and if there are any HO kits that would build into a model of this boxcars?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Bishop

http://mail.yahoo.com