Re: Another truck question

Philip Marcus

--- In STMFC@..., WaltGCox@... wrote:

In a message dated 10/23/2007 12:33:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
destron@... writes:

<On p22 of the Pere Marquette Revenue Freight Cars book, the pic of
#30196
has another set of trucks I've never seen before. Does anyone who
has this
book know what these trucks are?>

Does anyone know of a resource which would clarify the differences
between
freight trucks such as Dahlman, Barber, Symington Simplex etc.,
often referred
to collectively as Bettendorf? I am particularly interested in the
best use I
can make out of my Kadee "Bettendorf" #500 trucks with added # 441
brakes,
but am also interested in what could be used to model other types
of trucks.
TIA Walt Cox

The trucks in the PM photo could be a Vogt truck as described on page
473 of White's book of American Railroad Freight Cars.

On another subject. It was nice to see an entry from Rich Yoder. I was
beginning to think that I was the only O gager in this group.

Phil Marcus