Re: Car travel of hoppers including "strays"

Gatwood, Elden J SAD <Elden.J.Gatwood@...>

Dave (and others interested);

Yeah, I think it was a bunch of discussion generated here, on the PRR list,
and perhaps here as well. I put some of it in the materials I have been
presenting in TKM, too.

I forgot; I also have a summary of the data I obtained for 1953 that shows
volumes, basic source areas, and some notes, for the ingredients used in the
production of hot metal and basic steel. I have yet to fully research all
the details on finished steel (like use of acids, etc. used in rolling), but
I will get there (eventually). I just added a bit more info. I also have a
separate list of stuff produced in the coking and coke by-products industry,
but I have to do a bit more work on that.

If you are anyone else who is interested would like to see a draft of the
"Steel Ingredients" info, send me an e-mail.

Take care,

Elden Gatwood