Re: Car travel of hoppers including "strays"

Gatwood, Elden J SAD <Elden.J.Gatwood@...>

Rich;

Thanks for confirming that. Do you know what specific ores or minerals they
got at that site?

You are right about Westinghouse. They did get shipments, but I don't know
if you knew what they did at that site. It was some super-secret facility
involved in the nuclear sub effort, and I also understand perhaps nuclear
space applications, also (The Astro Nuclear Lab). Because it was so
secretive, I have been unable to even obtain any info as to what they might
have shipped in and out of there. It was originally the distilling facility
for Large Whiskey, later bought by Overholt; Westinghouse went in there and
bought the site sometime in the early 60's (my modeling period). I wish I
knew more about it.

Thanks for verifying the use of that site?

BTW, other than a little shack they had to house the guards, was there
anything else about the site you remember?

Thanks,

Elden