Re: Concerning car travel" including strays"

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Posted by: "George" I remember running upon a NKP hopper in southwest Virginia on a N&W
branch back in the nineteen seventies. This was following the merger
of the two roads. Kinda limits us steam era to Alton hoppers in
Mississippi and Pere Marquette in Virginia I suppose. More?
George Courtney

You're not limited in the sense of not using the car at all. Almost any single hopper car can be seen on any railroad within reasonable distance of the owner. The limitation is that the less probable marks be a small proportion of your total hoppers.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478