Re: glass cullet in hoppers, out of era.

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@..., Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...> wrote:

Russ didn't seem to make this clear, but you shouldn't be moving
crushed glass in happers until after glass recycling got to large
enough volumes, way out of the era of this list. I can tell you where
it's shipped in New England - ask the question on the OPSIG list.

That would be "post-consumer" recycling. The cullet being loaded at
breweries is "industrial" scrap, from breakage, chipped necks and the
like, and would be all one type of glass that could go directly back
to the bottle manufacture for re-use. I'm sure returning cullet from
the bottling plant long pre-dates post-consumer recycling.

Dennis