Re: IMWX v. IM 10' door hardware

jim peters

Count the valleys and not the ones with the rivets.

For the IMWX kits the doors supplied with the kit are fine or use Sylvan 5/6/5-S and early Camel door fixtures. This will take you through all the '37 AAR cars built for CN to 1946 (10'-0" IH) . . . A quick check of my CP references and I can not see anything different.

Rob, if you're by Central Hobbies on Saturday stop in and say hello, I always enjoy meeting fellow rivet counters.

Jim Peters
Coquitlam, BC

To: STMFC@yahoogroups.comFrom: rdkirkham@shaw.caDate: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:50:15 -0700Subject: [STMFC] IMWX v. IM 10' door hardware

I'm assembling a bunch of kits that I've had sitting around for quite a while and noticed that the door hardware at the bottom of the Youngstown (?) 6/6/6 (or is that 6/8/6? - how does one count the overlapping panel section?) doors in the two kits differ, with one a more rectangular shape and the other more triangular. Are these differences based on different prototype designs - and if so, can anyone provide names & dates when they were introduced or that sort of thing. Obvious;y for modelling if I just match a photo I won't go too wrong, but I'm curious....Rob Kirkham

Are you ready for Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.5 ? Get the latest for free today!
http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/WindowsLiveMessenger