From: lnbill <bwelch@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 9:27 am
Subject: [STMFC] New FGE/WFE/BRE kits from Sunshine

As many of you know, Sunshine included in their new offerings at
Naperville kits to build the plywood sheathed cars built by FGE, WFE,
and BRE and the T&G sheathed cars built by BRE. As I engineered these
kits and did the patterns, I obviously have a vested interest in them.
I was frustrated to see that the "Prototype Data Sheet" had many
errors in it related to the history of the cars and that Martin
continues to call them "War Emergency" cars is a complete misnomer.
The quality of the photos was very weird.

Anyway volume 12 of Pat and Ed's RP CYC has a more accurate and
detailed history and the reproduction of the photos is very good.

Photos of the cars photetched details are in the Files section and I
will send to some painted and decaled model photos soon.

Bill Welch

Yahoo! Groups Links