Re: The location of the mysterious Hamlin, Minnesota

Tim O'Connor

From what I can find out Madison was located on the M&StL not the GN. Didn't
someone say the "Hamlin shop" was in South St Paul?

From: John Stokes <ggstokes@...>
From the information on Wikipedia and other sites in a Google search, Hamlin was
obviously larger at one time. It is in the Southwest part of Minnesota on the
border, and Madison, Minnesota is the main town and county seat. I did not find
out whether this is on the main line of the Great Northern, however.
Nevertheless, it is a real town and still existed in 2000, and from some
indications still does, but times have changed as we all know.

John S

To: STMFC@...: thompson@...: Thu, 1 Nov 2007
10:32:41 -0700Subject: Re: [STMFC] The location of the mysterious Hamlin,
Minnesota

William Bryk wrote:> Given Minnesota's enthusiastic support for the war effort,
it stands > to reason that some settlement may have named itself for him before
it > faded into obscurity. I don't think there's a relationship between > Hamlin
and Hamline.But to have WFE shops and a reweigh location at a hamlet of 185
persons beggars belief.Tony Thompson