Re: The location of the mysterious Hamlin, Minnesota

Stokes John

That appears to be correct. Further research via the internet reveals that there is a Hamlin-Midway Neighborhood on St. Paul's South East side, near the major streets of Wabash and Kellogg, near the River. There is also a Hamlin (no e) Street in the vicinity. So the probability is that this ares was the location of the shops in question.

John S.

To: STMFC@...: timboconnor@...: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:48:36 +0000Subject: RE: [STMFC] The location of the mysterious Hamlin, Minnesota

From what I can find out Madison was located on the M&StL not the GN. Didn'tsomeone say the "Hamlin shop" was in South St Paul?-------------- Original message ----------------------From: John Stokes <ggstokes@...>> From the information on Wikipedia and other sites in a Google search, Hamlin was > obviously larger at one time. It is in the Southwest part of Minnesota on the > border, and Madison, Minnesota is the main town and county seat. I did not find > out whether this is on the main line of the Great Northern, however. > Nevertheless, it is a real town and still existed in 2000, and from some > indications still does, but times have changed as we all know.> > John S> > To: STMFC@...: thompson@...: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 > 10:32:41 -0700Subject: Re: [STMFC] The location of the mysterious Hamlin, > Minnesota> > William Bryk wrote:> Given Minnesota's enthusiastic support for the war effort, > it stands > to reason that some settlement may have named itself for him before > it > faded into obscurity. I don't think there's a relationship between > Hamlin > and Hamline.But to have WFE shops and a reweigh location at a hamlet of 185 > persons beggars belief.Tony Thompson

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.