NMRA publications was Re: Prototype Rails 2008

jerryglow2

Thanks Pieter - that's the type feedback I wanted, not quoting back
the ads which I've already read and even asking NMRA itself (who
basically quoted back their ad)

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "pieter_roos" <pieter_roos@...> wrote:

Hi Jerry;

I have the book, although not in front of me. Since nearly all the
photographs were taken of in-service cars in 1947 and 1948, the 1898
cars were in fact still in service at that time and are neither
filler
nor misleading. The book includes statistical analysis of how the
cars
fit into the total fleet and discussion of how they reflect the
development of car design up to that time. Think of the prototype
sections of Ted's "Essential Freight Cars" series combined into a
single volume (although that is NOT to imply that the book is any
sort
of compilation of Ted's articles).

Pieter Roos

--- In STMFC@..., "jerryglow2" <jerryglow@> wrote:

I doubt many 1898 cars were still around. It's still misleading
or
just plain filler material

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "pieter_roos" <pieter_roos@> wrote:

Not mis-leading when you consider the title covers the Post WWII
FLEET, not Post WWII CAR DESIGNS.