Re: Tank car placards

Richard Hendrickson

On Nov 4, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

I think Pecos River Brass and Division Point imported several
classes of Santa Fe tank cars. I don't know if Tk-L was one of
them but you might want to try to find out what they imported.
(One PRB import was a Tk-J and that has a bizarre underframe.)
Though most other Santa Fe tank car classes have been modeled in brass,
the Tk-L class isn't among them. With its corrugated cast steel bottom
sheet/underframe and pear-shaped tank cross section, it wouldn't be
easy to reproduce in brass. As there were only 100 of them and, as Jon
says, they didn't go off-line, they're not likely to appear as models
in any form, unless someone who REALLY wants one puts up the $$ for the
tooling.

Richard Hendrickson