Re: Pleasanton and WinterRail?

Richard Hendrickson

The past couple of years Martin Lofton has set up shop at WinterRail on the
Saturday preceding his Pleasanton meet. Is that happening this year? Martin
hasn't sent me any info since last fall (hey, I'm just a speaker), and I
can't find any mention of WinterRail in my hobby magazines. If it is, where
the heck is WinterRail? I need to get my accommodations nailed down.
Tom, it's often possible to buy extra tickets at the door. In any case,
the slide shows are devoted almost entirely to more modern subjects these
days, though the swap meet often yields some interesting photos, books and
such - but you have to get there early as the good stuff usually goes
quickly. In a couple of previous years, Tony and I have stayed on the
Friday night before Winterail at the Super 8 motel just off Interstate 5 at
March Lane in Stockton. It's relatively bare bones but clean and quiet,
reasonably close to the Winterail site, and the room rate is only about $50
a night. FWIW, there's also a Super 8 in Pleasanton close to the hotel
that hosts Martin's seminar. The rate is higher there, but nothing's cheap
in Pleasanton.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520