Re: PRR boxcar

Richard White

On Wed Nov 7, 2007 3:55 pm (PST), Philip Lord wrote
OK, I give up. It had a built date of 1936, so I guess the scheme as sold is a rebuild. Maybe I should stick with 40' wood cars :-( I think I will bow out until I know enough to ask the right questions. I may come back again later. Thanks for your help.

Phil Lord

Phil:
Don't give up. Keep asking questions. This car represents a repaint rather than a rebuild. Since paint weathered, the Railroads repainted their cars from time to time to protect them and the loads they carried. The frequency of repainting varied quite a lot, depending on how much money the railroad had, the service the car was used in and where it spent most of its time.
Richard White