Re: Making Model parts through Rapid Prototyping, was "Gloss coat for decalling"

Rod Miller

Pacific Locomotive Works in San Jose, CA

http://www.pacificlocomotive.com/

makes custom parts using the RP process. The web page explains
the process. Of interest is that once a drawing has been made
it can be scaled to any size, thus an O scale driver drawing
is usable in any other scale (ignoring the question of whether
the printing process can replicate things like letters and
numbers in say, Z scale).

The air hose hangar bracket that was a recent thread here might
be an easy but effective place to start.

Rod

bdg1210 wrote:

Group members,
Based on this and other comments about the current issue of Fine Scale Modeler I purchased a copy to learn about using Future for a gloss decaling finish. What I found more intersting was an article about developing parts using CAD and online 3D printing to get the part delievered to your door. It appears expensive, but a great chance to get that one part you need. Has anyone used a similar process to get steam era freight car parts developed?
Regards,
Bruce D. Griffin
Summerfield, NC