Lowell & Southern

Rupert & Maureen <gamlenz@...>

I'm trying to find out about the freight equipment (if any) owned by the Lowell & Southern Railway that operated in LaSalle County, Illinois, to the north of Leonore from about 1927 to about 1930, when approval was given for the company to be purchased by CB&Q. It operated during this period under a "certificate of convenience and necessity" and served (at least) the Ristokrat Clay Products Company at Lowell.

In that connection, can anyone put me in touch with Bob Nicholson who, I understand, may have some further information.

Thanks

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ