From: prgm_mgr <prgm_mgr@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 6:05 am
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Removing Lettering from Intermountain HO Freight Cars

Hi John
I'd start by seeing if decal setting solution will remove them -
likely not since I'll bet the car was stamp printed when made. If
that doesn't work, try to locate an ink eraser ( the gritty one) or
an old carbon/typewriter eraser. You can then "erase" the lettering
you don't want. If you can't find these, you could glue some 600 -
1000 grit sand paper to a dowel end and create your own eraser.

Good Luck
Mark

--- In STMFC@..., John Golden <golden1014@...> wrote:

Gentlemen,

I'd like to re-letter my HO Intermountain FGE reefers.
Can anyone recommend the best way to remove the
factory-applied lettering so I can decal my way to
happiness?

Thanks,
John

John Golden