Re: AH&D Steam Crane...

Ted Schnepf

Hi Jack,

American Hoist and Derrick is still in business in St. Paul, Mn. They might have plans yet.

Ted

At 09:01 PM 11/24/2007, you wrote:

Speaking of M of W equipment, the Yosemite Valley Railroad owned a steam
crane described as:

An American Hoist and Derrick 18-ton locomotive steam crane, combination
shovel and pile driver, boom 27', shovel capacity 1 yard.

Before I start working up drawings based entirely on photos in order to
scratchbuild this piece of equipment, does anyone have plans for such a
crane or know where I might obtain them?

Thanks

Jack Burgess
Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@...
847-697-5353 or 5366
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used. HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 4% added).